Friday, March 26, 2010

I'ma do me! If it's going to be good for them.

Daily Scripture 26-03-10

Romans 14:16 (New International Version)

16Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Ponder this: My mother always used to tell me this when I was younger. The principle of this verse is totally contrary to the world's view that says, "I'm going to do me.. I don't care what anyone else thinks.. They shouldn't worry about what I'm doing.. This is my life." As a born-again believer, these thoughts should be far from us. We are called to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. [Romans 12:17] Take note of how your actions and your relationships with people are perceived by others. Even though you may be doing something with the right intentions/heart because your faith is strong, if others may be caused to stumble because of those completely innocent actions, then you should not do them for the sake of your brother/sister as God may hold you accountable for their fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment